Tuesday, May 11, 2010

18 Weeks, 4 Days - We're Having a Boy!

That's right, we've got a little man on the way! Our ultrasound yesterday morning went great, the tech doing it was wonderful, and we found out we've got a little boy coming in October. I was really shocked because all along I was sure it was a girl! So many reasons why! At first the baby kept its legs pressed together so we couldn't see the goods. The tech took measurements and printed off some pictures for us which was awesome! We saw baby itching its chin, and move around kind of in a jerking motion which made me think it had hiccups. Then near the end of the assessment we took another peek and baby had spread its legs and we could see EVERYTHING! Most definitely a little boy! No doubt about it, the little legs make a V and that little dohickey in the center means we've got a boy!

We went out after the ultrasound and picked out our first little boy outfit.

I was really surprised to find out I've got a little boy in my belly, but I was truly thrilled. So happy I cried a little. I can't wait to meet my little man this fall! Actually we talked to my pregnancy Dr. before leaving the clinic, and she said everything looks perfect and right on track with where it should be, I'm seeing her on the 27th so just 2 weeks 2 days from now, and then getting another ultrasound June 14 to make sure things are still on track. Shortly after that I will have to do my glucose test to check for diabetes. Everything is going so fast and I am so thankful that I'm able to enjoy all of it!
My 18 week, 3 day baby belly with the tiny little newborn onesie held up to it! This little boy will have all the love in the world... :)

No comments: