Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snow Day!

It was beautiful out yesterday. So warm, so Hunter and I decided to go out and enjoy!

He had so much fun, we made half a dozen snow angels and I was getting him to scoop up snow with his little Tigger paws, it was great! I let him lick some snow and he really liked it and was licking the air for more!
My little big boy will be 4 months old tomorrow! When did that happen?? As of tomorrow it will be exactly a year since I took that pregnancy test and found out we were expecting him. So much has happened since then. Found out Jan 30, had him exactly 8 months later on Sept 30. And now he's going to be 4 months old and already making snow angels. I am so thrilled to be his mommy!
I am definitely sad that I will have to start taking the chemo pill again soon. We had a followup appointment from my last MRI a couple days ago and were told that the previous blood clots are totally clear and gone, so that was great, but the neurologist reccomended that I start taking Hydrea again ASAP. He also thinks more phlebotomies might lower my platelet count, I would choose that over the meds any day. I did it once a week before and would do it again if it means keeping me off the meds and allowing me to breastfeed my boy longer. As it is, I don't think I'll make it to 6 months breastfeeding before they make me get back on the Hydrea. If only I can get my silver boobies ( . Y . ) I will be content. I feel so lucky that I've been able to freeze as much as I have so far, and I plan to put away as much as I possibly can the next few weeks so Hunter can have enough to last a couple months after I can't feed him anymore. We're doing great, I sent 930oz to my dad's to store in his freezer and have almost filled another box of 240oz in our freezer. It takes me about 2 weeks to put away 240oz so I hope to get close to another 500oz before I start the med. If Hunter eats about 24oz a day, then I'd have enough to last him... almost 70 days if I can store what I want to, so at least he's going to get breastmilk til he's at least 6 months! I suppose I can feel good about that. I hope that when I'm on a nasty chemo pill that I can have the energy to keep up with him. I don't want to miss out on more than I already know I will be. I am just looking forward to when he turns 1 and we can start trying for baby #2. Then I will have to be off Hydrea, and when I'm pregnant I know this stupid disease will correct itself for the duration. Wish I could just trick my body into thinking I was pregnant all the time, then I wouldn't have to worry about all this stuff...

No comments: