Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Do you want to hear the good or the bad first?

I had my Hematologist visit yesterday and it went really well. J and I were finally given the go-ahead to start trying for a baby! I know having one will mean 9 months of taking blood thinner injections in the stomach and lots of un-pretty bruises because of that, but if that is what it takes, it is all going to be worth it. We hope to start trying tonight ;)

Anyways after that appointment I went to get 500ml of blood taken out because it was more convenient to do it there than wait a couple days and do it at home. It went smoothly as usual but maybe because I hadn't eaten in 5 or more hours or maybe because I had my period at the same time :o but after the needle was taken out and I sat there putting pressure on the spot, the room started to spin and a few seconds later I passed out right there! J was freaked out but he quickly called a nurse and laid my hospital chair down into a bed. I woke up within 5 to 10 seconds, feeling like I had woke up from a long nap, and confused about why I was lying down instead of sitting. The nurse stuck an IV in my arm just to rehydrate me and we had to stay an extra half hour or so, until I could walk around the ward without feeling dizzy. It was a strange feeling that I don't want to experience again. I knew I was passing out, and as soon as everything went black I had a few really, really fast dreams. It was weird... But fortunately J was right there, I was in the hospital already, and it didn't last long. He was pretty worried, it reminded him too much of some of the things that happened last year to me. But we got out and got some supper, and were on our way home shortly after that.

I tell J that to keep his mind off of me passing out, he should be thinking of us finally getting to have a baby like we have been wanting so much!

No comments: